Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some assistance before I run my credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some assistance before I run my credit report

I have a principal mortgage and a second mortgage.  I have always paid on time and pay my second mortgage early by 15 days.  My only other bills are my cellphone, cable, internet, health care and life insurance, health club and home phone.  I do have a running balance on my cable, but it has never been delinquent.  I do have a balance of $600 on my credit card, but this was just within the last few days.  Before this, my last credit card balance was paid in full on on May 1st and was approximately $1500.  I have charged things since then, but pay them off before the bill is even due. 

I may need to buy another house soon to take care of my mother, as the current house is not big enough, and want to see if now is the time to check my credit or wait another 3 months for the credit card activity to show $0 balances.  The last time I checked, which was some time in 06, my scores were in the high 600's, but before that in 04, my scores were in the high 700's.  I really need to get them back into the high 700's, due to the high housing prices here and the high insurance and property taxes as well.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Weaver
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Need some assistance before I run my credit report

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a principal mortgage and a second mortgage. I have always paid on time and pay my second mortgage early by 15 days. My only other bills are my cellphone, cable, internet, health care and life insurance, health club and home phone. I do have a running balance on my cable, but it has never been delinquent. I do have a balance of $600 on my credit card, but this was just within the last few days. Before this, my last credit card balance was paid in full on on May 1st and was approximately $1500. I have charged things since then, but pay them off before the bill is even due.
I may need to buy another house soon to take care of my mother, as the current house is not big enough, and want to see if now is the time to check my credit or wait another 3 months for the credit card activity to show $0 balances. The last time I checked, which was some time in 06, my scores were in the high 600's, but before that in 04, my scores were in the high 700's. I really need to get them back into the high 700's, due to the high housing prices here and the high insurance and property taxes as well.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Weaver

Do it on the cheap. Get the Transunion Identity Deluxe monthly package and use the 205 discount. Cost will be $3.95.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do it on the cheap. Get the Transunion Identity Deluxe monthly package and use the 205 discount. Cost will be $3.95.

I am unfamiliar with this.  I usually run all three credit scores once a year and check.  What is the 205 discount? 

Thanks,

Weaver
Message 3 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

20 per cent
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.