Established Member
mollysue32

Need some help understanding something

I've been trying to repair my credit recently w/no luck and since I've found this forum a few things have dawned on me.  I disputed CA's and some removed others were just update to a pd or discharged in BK status.   The pds & discharges still hurt my score, don't they?  Is there any way to get the CAs deleted now that I've already paid them?
Senior Contributor
imducky

Re: Need some help understanding something

good will letters are the only/best option in this scenario. just be persistant, but understand they are not required to change accurate and legal information.
Established Member
mollysue32

What about bills that I paid to the OC.  I have CA's reporting these items as paid on my report but I was never notified by the CA that they had an account.  I had the bills from the OC and mailed pymnt to these companies.  Are they allowed to keep this accnt on my CR w/out having ever notifying me?
Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

Send a DV to those CAs.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}