Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Increase Score FAST

tag
girlie
Regular Contributor

Need to Increase Score FAST

my scores have increase SIGNIFICANTLY in the past year but i will be shopping for a mortgage in the next three months and want to be at a minium of 680. 

Here's where I am:

TU - 635
EX - 634
EQ- 666

I have two paid tax liens (one paid in 04 and one paid 1/07), 2 charge offs which i am trying to get removed ( 05 and 06) and so many baddies that i can't even count.  My most recent late was 6 months ago, but everything else has been current for 1-1.5 years.  My overall utilization is at 35% and I just paid down an additional $1,200 on an overall debt of $4,982.00.  I have sent out 5 goodwill letters and plan on disputing some lates on my record.

A year ago i was at

TU 466
EX 535
EQ - 490

So i am making progress, but I don't want a subprime loan and I heard that if you are at 680, the lenders are more forgiving and underwriters perform a less stringent review of your credit.  The thing is that my credit was very good, but had some financial difficulties in 04, 05 and 06 and this is when it really got bad.

any advice appreciatedSmiley Surprised
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need to Increase Score FAST

girlie wrote:
my scores have increase SIGNIFICANTLY in the past year but i will be shopping for a mortgage in the next three months and want to be at a minium of 680. 

Here's where I am:

TU - 635
EX - 634
EQ- 666

I have two paid tax liens (one paid in 04 and one paid 1/07), 2 charge offs which i am trying to get removed ( 05 and 06) and so many baddies that i can't even count.  My most recent late was 6 months ago, but everything else has been current for 1-1.5 years.  My overall utilization is at 35% and I just paid down an additional $1,200 on an overall debt of $4,982.00.  I have sent out 5 goodwill letters and plan on disputing some lates on my record.

A year ago i was at

TU 466
EX 535
EQ - 490

So i am making progress, but I don't want a subprime loan and I heard that if you are at 680, the lenders are more forgiving and underwriters perform a less stringent review of your credit.  The thing is that my credit was very good, but had some financial difficulties in 04, 05 and 06 and this is when it really got bad.

Getting your util will be the quickest way to increase your score. Try and get it under 10%. Some like you are on the right track otherwise. Hopefully the GW letters work.
Message 2 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

girlie wrote:

Here's where I am:

TU - 635
EX - 634
EQ- 666

A year ago i was at

TU 466
EX 535
EQ - 490

Try and be an AU on any 100% postive cc tl with your parents.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your EQ is creepy Smiley Wink

Good luck!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.