cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to monitor reports and score -- MyFico 1B or 3B?

tag
kaybean22
Valued Member

Need to monitor reports and score -- MyFico 1B or 3B?

I've been monitoring my - ahem - FAKO scores with a Transunion membership. I'm ready to switch over to my myFico, but want to make sure I'm able to get regular credit report updates. I'm confused about the 1b and 3b options -- looks like with the 1B i'll get monthly updates but with 3B I only get updates to my credit report every 3 months? I'm in serious rebuilding mode so I need to see things update as instantaneously as possible. What's the best option?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Riemi87
Established Member

Re: Need to monitor reports and score -- MyFico 1B or 3B?

kaybean22

I had the 1b report for awhile and it just reports the one credit report every month and it updates your score any time an alert comes through. An alert triggers based on settings that YOU set such as when a score is achieved or balances increase on an account.

I now have the 3b report and you get all reports quarterly and the credit score reporting works the same as the 1b.

Basically the differences are in the number and frequency of your reports. The scores all report the same way.

I hope this helped! Smiley Happy Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Need to monitor reports and score -- MyFico 1B or 3B?

With the 3B reports, it now provides a "complete report" every 3 months, but that's not the main information tool you get with it.

There are daily alerts for changes in your file. If you don't have a lot of accounts, it only sends you an alert as those few accounts get updated, as they report balance changes typically. INQ are displayed, updates to the type of account are displayed usually.

However, if you are like me with 20+ accounts with balances, then it is a constant stream of alerts as all those accounts update throughout the month. Thankfully EX does not report every change, EQ does, TU tends to keep up every couple of days. The bottom line is, you will get score updates frequently with the 3B option. I can't speak to the 1B, because I never used that one.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.