Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Balance Reporting EXPERIMENT

tag
ficus
Regular Contributor

Negative Balance Reporting EXPERIMENT

OK, I believe I have worked out all the necessary dates and figures to see if I could force 2 of my cards to report negative balances to CRAs. I would like to see if the values would default to zeros or report as are, whether this practice will have any effect (positive or negative) on the scores, and whether this would produce some interesting revelations about the FICO scoring model overall. I'm not trying to increase my scores with this, but if I find that it does have a positive effect on the score, I will further experiment with how much of an impact different figures have on the scores.

If someone has any views on this idea or has experimented before, please share your opinions and knowledge.

Message Edited by ficus on 11-24-2007 09:06 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Negative Balance Reporting EXPERIMENT

Usually they will report a $0 bal to the CRAs when you have a Credit bal and show a CR-bal on your statements. On my CRs I have never seen a reporting difference between $0 and $-CR. (Which has always reported $0 bal on my CRs). Let us know what you find on your CRs. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

PIZZA!!!!!!!

How's it going? What are you up to? Any new adventures in Pizzaland? (Sorry , OP. I did once have an account where they owed me, and it only showed as 0$)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I had many accounts with positive balance and they report as 0. I used to do this to avoid the monthly fee becoming due. They always report as 0 when they owe us money.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.