cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Comment: Heavy Useage at 3%?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Negative Comment: Heavy Useage at 3%?

Just an fyi for anyone reading this, myFICO gives fewer comments as your scores get higher. The 800 club gets no negatives; 760-799 only gets one; somewhere around 720 only gets two; and so forth.

There are still negatives on your full report, as any lender will cheerfully tell you, but you just don't get them on myFICO reports. Why they do this, I don't know.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow your lucky if i even have 1 cent owed tu complains about high util
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Just an fyi for anyone reading this, myFICO gives fewer comments as your scores get higher. The 800 club gets no negatives; 760-799 only gets one; somewhere around 720 only gets two; and so forth.

There are still negatives on your full report, as any lender will cheerfully tell you, but you just don't get them on myFICO reports. Why they do this, I don't know.

Yes, there are those items that a "manual review" will potentially frown on.  But for FICO scoring purposes, only those items commented are actually being scored against you, as I understand it???

I realize there are things that can push your score up, but only the neg comments push it down?  Am I misinformed?

Message 13 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The negatives are always there, and they're always affecting your score. If a lender were to pull a full report on you and let you have a peek, you'd see the reason codes. There could be any number of them, even for those with high scores, but they might only lower your score a point or two.

Having only 1 negative comment certainly doesn't mean having only one negative factor affecting your score. My TU score likes to hop back and forth between 761 and 759, going from one comment to two. The #2 comment (short history) is based on something that's always there, whether it's a comment or not.

And for someone who is recovering from a credit mushroom cloud, they might only have 4 negatives listed on their myFICO reports, but they'd have many, many more negative factors hurting their scores and that would appear on the full reports.

So for instance, DH's scores are in the 800's, even with one 30-day late that's about 5 years old. Since he's 800+, he gets no negative comments from a myFICO score pull, but you can bet that it would be mentioned on whatever a lender pulls. It affects his scores, but by how much, I have no idea. 5 points? 10 points? It can't be much, because when he occasionally dips below 800, generally for letting a balance post, the one comment he gets is on letting a previously inactive account report, or whatever the terminology is.

I suppose one reason that we get fewer and fewer comments on our myFICO reports as our scores go higher is that it would make it easier to isolate causes and score effects on our scores, in our endless attempts to break the formulae. Once someone is up around 800, they can't have too many things going on with their reports, so there would be less of the confusion that plagues us everyday folk when our scores change by 5 points. Just a guess, though.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.