Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Credit Items

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Negative Credit Items

I would like to know when some of my old collection items will drop off of my credit report?  How many years ....and from which date?....Date opened? or Date of last activity? or Status as of date (listed next to the name of the Account on the top line? 

I made the mistake of calling some of my old debtors to arrange payments, then found out that they were going to be dropped off of my credit report soon.  I did more damage than good. 

So, I need to know if it's 7 or 8 years and from which date listed on my credit report....

I'd appreciate any help in this matter.  Thank you.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Negative Credit Items

LisaC8 wrote:
I would like to know when some of my old collection items will drop off of my credit report?  How many years ....and from which date?....Date opened? or Date of last activity? or Status as of date (listed next to the name of the Account on the top line? 

I made the mistake of calling some of my old debtors to arrange payments, then found out that they were going to be dropped off of my credit report soon.  I did more damage than good. 

So, I need to know if it's 7 or 8 years and from which date listed on my credit report....

I'd appreciate any help in this matter.  Thank you.

Collections stay on your reports for 7 years from the DOFD (date of first delinquency). This is usually when the account charges-off and/or is 180 days late. These threads will give detailed answers to your questions.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.