cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Indicator and Score Updates

tag
anhdaosts

Negative Indicator and Score Updates

how soon or how long will the "Negative Indicator"  changed after i paid off in full (not a settlement) on an account? and when my score will take effect?

thnks

EQ FICO: 476 (12 pts increased from 5/1/14 - 5/6/14)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Negative Indicator and Score Updates

@anhdaosts wrote:

how soon or how long will the "Negative Indicator"  changed after i paid off in full (not a settlement) on an account? and when my score will take effect?

thnks

As answered in your other post, a neg derog will remain reporting as long as it is on your CR's.  FICO does not reward your scores when you pay for your derogs. 

Write GW letters and see if the creditor is willing to delete the derog. 

Message 2 of 4
anhdaosts

thank you for the info..

in a perfect world, should I negotiate (letter of deletion or something?) with the creditors before making any payments?

EQ FICO: 476 (12 pts increased from 5/1/14 - 5/6/14)
Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@anhdaosts wrote:

thank you for the info..

in a perfect world, should I negotiate (letter of deletion or something?) with the creditors before making any payments?

Absolutely.  Check the rebuilding forum for PFD (Pay For Delete) examples and information; not all creditors will accept them but it's worth a shot.  Also if you just received the notice, other strategies as well, but researching there is well worth the time.

I wouldn't make any payment before I'd tried to arrange for one personally.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.