Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative factors?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Negative factors?

I just got my FICO scores & reports, & it says something about the amount owed on revolving accounts is too high.  I know this can't be the case, as I always keep the ratio 10% - 20% of my credit limits.  Can I dispute this w/ the credit bureau?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Negative factors?

bucket851 wrote:
I just got my FICO scores & reports, & it says something about the amount owed on revolving accounts is too high.  I know this can't be the case, as I always keep the ratio 10% - 20% of my credit limits.  Can I dispute this w/ the credit bureau?

Where is it saying this and what is the utilization percent listed (on TU or EQ only, EX lacks numbers)?

Message 2 of 11
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Have you had an CLD's? Many vendors are lowering limits - and this would shoot up ut.  You could dispute an account as incomplete or inaccurate data.

Before disputing anything, I'd go over each account carefully and verify all tradelines.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was on my XPN report.  I double-checked to make sure my credit limit wasn't lowered.  I just got off the phone w/ someone who told me that it's because I have a high score (789).  Is this some type of technical problem?
Message 4 of 11
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

When your scores are high, they start spewing nonsensical things at you, because there's not enough to carp at you about. I would not worry too much about it, unless you can get the uti to under 10%, then it should go away.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Junejer wrote:
When your scores are high, they start spewing nonsensical things at you, because there's not enough to carp at you about. I would not worry too much about it, unless you can get the uti to under 10%, then it should go away.

That was my understanding from the conversation w/ customer support.  Then I was just reading a similar thread ("Experian FICO S**ks") & now I'm wondering if it works the same way w/ TU and EQFX (i.e., even though they base the descriptions on items that are actually on your report)? 

Message 6 of 11
jackg
Established Contributor

bucket851,

Don't forget what FICO says in reference to revolving accounts utilization. To attain the most possible points in this segment yor ratio needs to be 1% to 9%. NOT zero %, not 10%.

Good Luck

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 7 of 11
jackg
Established Contributor

What is "XPN"?
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jackg wrote:

bucket851,

Don't forget what FICO says in reference to revolving accounts utilization. To attain the most possible points in this segment yor ratio needs to be 1% to 9%. NOT zero %, not 10%.

Good Luck

Thanks Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jackg wrote:
What is "XPN"?

Experian
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.