Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account Ding?

tag
nickf4rr
Established Member

New Account Ding?

There's one new account I opened up, but there's no HP listed on the credit reports i get my FICO from.  (HP hit EX, apparently.)

What's the affect of a New Account my score, aside from lowering AAoA?  Given that I have 17 accounts open, this account didn't really budget my AAoA much.  Is "New Account Ding" reflective of anything except hit to AAoA?

Starting Score: 621 TU
Current Score: 621 TU
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New Account Ding?

With no other changes to my FICO report and zero impact to AAoA, I've lost as much as 20-25. And this was completely aside to mix of credit and impact to util, which should be taken into account too when figuring the impact.

Message 2 of 3
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: New Account Ding?

Besides AAoA a new account will affect your utilisation % if you have any balances on other cards. For example if you have a second card with a $1000 credit limit that has a $500 balance and you get a new account with a credit limit of $1000 then your util% will go from 50% to 25% and you may see your scores pop up a bit.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.