Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account - my FICO -6, DW's +2

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

New Account - my FICO -6, DW's +2

Just an interesting note.  Our new Junny ($15,000 CL) hit EQ today, DW's card, me as AU.  My score went down 6 points, hers went up two.

Possible reasons:

It did not significantly effect Util on EQ or TU as it is very low (about 1%)

All the new credit in the family in the last 6 months has been me up to this point (2 inqs for CLIs, 2 inqs for car, me becoming joint on her store card,).  And the car loan and new AMEX have not hit yet (mine only).  So I have been getting (by my standards) a lot of action recently, and a lot of new accounts.  The oldest new account (Chase CC) is a year old on Saturday, and the 2nd oldest is a year old in April.  By then the AMEX and car will show up, so I should reach stability.  Later in the year (usually about August) my average age will go up a year, which will help as well.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: New Account - my FICO -6, DW's +2

So when will you break down and pull EX, to see if the increased overall credit limit offsets the HELOC and improves your score? Signed, Curious.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: New Account - my FICO -6, DW's +2

haulingthescoreup wrote:
So when will you break down and pull EX, to see if the increased overall credit limit offsets the HELOC and improves your score? Signed, Curious.

Increase of 6 FAKO points  Smiley Very Happy

I ain't pulling nothing until Amex is fully reporting and so is the car!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.