Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Alert! Balance change detected

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Alert! Balance change detected

Your balance has decreased $34, EXP FICO Point Decrease of 15 points... My head hurts

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Alert! Balance change detected

Yeah, it's hard to understand. Just dont sweat it. It'll come back

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was it a pay down to zero?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it was paid to $0, I have 2 other cards and leave a balance on one. This card reporting a balance was my fault on not getting it prior to them reporting.

Message 4 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Your balance has decreased $34, EXP FICO Point Decrease of 15 points... My head hurts

PENALTY!

You did the responsible thing and paid down/off a cc. You gotta admire the intelligence from the minds that created those algorithms right?

Yes it will return but these sudden unexpected drops can unglue you if you let them.

Message 5 of 6
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Often you get an alert for something and Fico scores something else.  I get that a lot when I pay down and see a score drop. Many times it is due to an account more reporting a balance with less utilization overall but the score drops for the number of accounts reporting a balance... something like this.  As others have said. Don't sweat if it is for utilization...that will recover next cycle. Not worth the headache Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.