Frequent Contributor
mtrsprt

Re: New Cards and Score

From what you stated, you just opened 4 new accounts in the past 30-60 days?  If your score doesn't drop 25-30 points, I would be surprised.

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 718 TU, 698 EQ, 705 EX on 6/07/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Ditto on the drop, though I think most will return by the time you refi.

And you don't need to use them monthly. They will still report monthly regardless of use and FICO will score accordingly. Just use them every 3-4 months at a minimum to avoid closure due to non-use.

Valued Contributor
my-own-fico

llecs wrote:

They will still report monthly regardless of use

Are you sure? My experience is that no use of a card in a given month doesn't update the account's Date of last activity field in a credit report.

Reported credit card debt EQ $0 TU $0 EX $0
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Of my 20 or so CCs, all of them update monthly despite months of non-use. Admittedly I haven't studied the DOLA field in that relation, but a new "OK" appears each month so the TL is updating.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+