Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Credit score calculator

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

New Credit score calculator

http://www.kanetix.ca/credit-score-calculator

Some funny results if you play with the inputs which could also be caused by sloppy programming and or a sloppy score algorithm.  I liked the point breadown feature.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Credit score calculator

Point breakdown was sweet Smiley Happy

Sad thing is that it says I should be 765 to 812... I guess I need to move to Canada to have good credit.  I will pack my bags as soon as they change their gun laws so I can cross the border with my little friends Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 8
marty56
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I will pack my bags as soon as they change their gun laws so I can cross the border with my little friends Smiley Tongue

Canada is on my short list of non-US places I would retire to.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 8
MattH
Senior Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I will pack my bags as soon as they change their gun laws so I can cross the border with my little friends Smiley Tongue

Canada is on my short list of non-US places I would retire to.

Yep, been there a few times, nice place. With global warming, by the time I retire maybe the climate will also be suitable.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So take this with a grain of salt, but the ranges this generated were more or less accurate for me. Looks like a semi-usefull ballpark calculator... Nice find.

Message 5 of 8
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

It is right on for me, giving me a 683 score.  It also shows that my score will be way higher (above 728) if I would could just let the 10 inquiries from the last year drop down to 1 or 2.  This seems hard to believe, since I have never seen such point fluctuations resulting from any inquiry, but considering that I don't currently need anymore credit and can't foresee needed any in the next year, I will give it a try.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to suggest that this gets a sticky... it may not be great, but it is pretty damn good!

Message 7 of 8
sunshine7157
Regular Contributor

Ha! That is really cool! It seems like it bid me a little on the high side. Also, out of 255 possible points for 'amounts owed', it gave me a 265? Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.