cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EQ MyFico scoring model drops my fico 30 pts!

tag
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

New EQ MyFico scoring model drops my fico 30 pts!

Just received my complimentary EQ Fico score based on their new scoring model....

mine dropped 30 points!  This really sucks!

There were no other changes on my credit report...just the change in fico model.

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: New EQ MyFico scoring model drops my fico 30 pts!

FICO 08 weighs derogs differently than v04 does. A lot of people have reported major changes in score while being transitioned. If you havent seen it already, here is a small guide to the changes. 

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/questions/fico8.aspx

Message 2 of 4
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

There are many reasons it could change, as outlined in the link the AZ posted below. Your UTIL is graded more, changes in AU grading, isolated lates grades less with multiple non-isolated lates graded more... All these things changed. The important thing to remember is that your score didn't change at all. It's just a new model, which many lenders may not be using. So, just take that part into consideration, your 'score' didn't get worse overnight Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

There are many reasons it could change, as outlined in the link the AZ posted below. Your UTIL is graded more, changes in AU grading, isolated lates grades less with multiple non-isolated lates graded more... All these things changed. The important thing to remember is that your score didn't change at all. It's just a new model, which many lenders may not be using. So, just take that part into consideration, your 'score' didn't get worse overnight Smiley Happy

And as noted in the other threads: all that has changed is that now YOU see the score.  FICO 08 has been around for several years, and some issuers have been using it, and they would have seen the score that you can finally see.   The downside of course is that you can't see the 04 version, which is used more for mortgages.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.