Did you mean: 

New FICO Formula Start August 18 Says FICO CEO

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: New FICO Formula Start August 18 Says FICO CEO

@DI wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

It may not be. It also may have never been.

Don't confuse Fair Isaac and myFICO - same company - different products.

Would it be better if we went back to the old way and you had absolutely no way of knowing what your FICO scores are? You can feel free to do that if you want. No one is stopping you.

Yes, it would be better if we went back to the old way.  It sure would save me some money if we did.  I wouldn't think about my credit scores. I'll just continue to pay my bills on time. 

There is nothing standing between you and the old way. Feel free to opt into that program when ready.
Message 21 of 35
DI
Super Contributor

@DI wrote:

Would it be better if we went back to the old way and you had absolutely no way of knowing what your FICO scores are? You can feel free to do that if you want. No one is stopping you.

Yes, it would be better if we went back to the old way.  It sure would save me some money if we did.  I wouldn't think about my credit scores. I'll just continue to pay my bills on time. 

There is nothing standing between you and the old way. Feel free to opt into that program when ready.

Not able to go back to the old way just yet.  Knowing some type of score gives me negotiating power to send creditors and insurance agencies back to the underwriting table.  

Message 22 of 35
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I guess there is a point after all...
Message 23 of 35
DI
Super Contributor

I guess there is a point after all...

Sure is.  My insurance 6 months premium  for my SUV went from $616 to $450  after contacting them about my high FICO scores.  They pulled my insurance score the same day.  FICO saved me $166.   I profited from purchasing my FICO scores.

Message 24 of 35
smallfry
Senior Contributor

How about this for a fix? Offer all of the scores. Not like they wouldn't sell. You have people pulling Powers just to get a peak at a report that they could get for nothing.

Message 25 of 35
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

How about this for a fix? Offer all of the scores. Not like they wouldn't sell. You have people pulling Powers just to get a peak at a report that they could get for nothing.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Could make Fair Isaac a fortune.
Message 26 of 35
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

@bigtim wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I'm not llecs, but the TU score from transunioncs is also TU04. No idea why TransUnion doesn't make the shift, either here or on their own site.

Thanks for the scoring info hauling - see, I'm smartening up already - asking questions before I make another dumb maneuver... Smiley Happy

Also, thanks for clarifying the "I'm not llecs" thing. I've always been suspicious of you having multiple identities & personalities - playing good cop, bad cop, etc. with other identities. Now my mind is at ease knowing you are the one and only even-keeled, always helpful hauling.... Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Thanks for making me laugh out loud, bigtim! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what exactly will change with the scoring, anyone know? Will it make it harder to obtain credit?
Message 28 of 35
DI
Super Contributor

If I get the CEO's email, I'm going to send him an email askig that he come to this site to clarify things. 
Message 29 of 35
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:
If I get the CEO's email, I'm going to send him an email askig that he come to this site to clarify things. 

That's very unlikely and there's really nothing to clarify. That's also Barry's job and Barry is layers below Mark Greene.
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.