Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FICO SW Model - odd behavior.

tag
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

New FICO SW Model - odd behavior.

I got my initial score from the new model about a week ago.  I got an initial bump of 7pts.

I got a notification of a SW change and it went down 11pts.  

Whats wierd is the only thing that changed was two revolving lines going DOWN.  One went to 0.  The other went down slightly to $450. Usage <1%.

Under the old scoring method, my score should have gone up.  Could it be that the new scoring model "wants" to see more than one revolver report a balance to show use?

I didn't pull a full report.  I could have had an old account fall off that lowered my AAOA or something, but I don't think so.

Anyone else seen anything similar?

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: New FICO SW Model - odd behavior.

There have been repeated reports on this forum that the optimum utilization varies with the individual, and thus lower is not always better, at least when you're bouncing around with low figures like 3%.

Message 2 of 5
GFer
Valued Contributor

@user5387 wrote:

There have been repeated reports on this forum that the optimum utilization varies with the individual, and thus lower is not always better, at least when you're bouncing around with low figures like 3%.

@Exactly. Everyone's score 'sweet spot' is different. For instance, if my utilization reports @ less than 3% I take a 10-14 point hit. If I keep my utilization between 3.5-4.5 %, my score is best.

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
EW800
Valued Contributor

@GFer wrote:

@Exactly. Everyone's score 'sweet spot' is different. For instance, if my utilization reports @ less than 3% I take a 10-14 point hit. If I keep my utilization between 3.5-4.5 %, my score is best.

This is very interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  I have been in the 3-4% range, however when my profiles update in the next couple of weeks with some recent payments, I am going to be in the 1.5% to 2% range.  It will be interesting to see if this failrly small drop in UTIL have have any impact on my socres.  I am hoping for a bit of boost.  Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 4 of 5
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@GFer wrote:

@user5387 wrote:

I can only assume we're still talking about EQ 08?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.