Regular Contributor
bobebob

New FICO SW Model - odd behavior.

I got my initial score from the new model about a week ago.  I got an initial bump of 7pts.

I got a notification of a SW change and it went down 11pts.  

Whats wierd is the only thing that changed was two revolving lines going DOWN.  One went to 0.  The other went down slightly to $450. Usage <1%.

Under the old scoring method, my score should have gone up.  Could it be that the new scoring model "wants" to see more than one revolver report a balance to show use?

I didn't pull a full report.  I could have had an old account fall off that lowered my AAOA or something, but I don't think so.

Anyone else seen anything similar?

bobebob || June: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 821 ||June: Walmart TU Fico=834Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
user5387

Re: New FICO SW Model - odd behavior.

There have been repeated reports on this forum that the optimum utilization varies with the individual, and thus lower is not always better, at least when you're bouncing around with low figures like 3%.

Established Contributor
GFer

user5387 wrote:

There have been repeated reports on this forum that the optimum utilization varies with the individual, and thus lower is not always better, at least when you're bouncing around with low figures like 3%.

Exactly. Everyone's score 'sweet spot' is different. For instance, if my utilization reports @ less than 3% I take a 10-14 point hit. If I keep my utilization between 3.5-4.5 %, my score is best.

1/28/14 EQ 817, (6/30/14)EX 821, TU 817 on 6/13/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
EW800

GFer wrote:

Exactly. Everyone's score 'sweet spot' is different. For instance, if my utilization reports @ less than 3% I take a 10-14 point hit. If I keep my utilization between 3.5-4.5 %, my score is best.

This is very interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  I have been in the 3-4% range, however when my profiles update in the next couple of weeks with some recent payments, I am going to be in the 1.5% to 2% range.  It will be interesting to see if this failrly small drop in UTIL have have any impact on my socres.  I am hoping for a bit of boost.  :smileyhappy:

Oct 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
July 2014: EXP08: 698; EQ08: 718; TU08: 709; EQ04: 687; VantageScore 3.0: 752
GOAL: EQ 04 Model to be 700

In My Wallet -- Discover $11.7K; Cap1 $8.4K; Amex $9.9K; Barclay $7K; Citibank $4.9K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K
My UTIL: Apprx 1%
Valued Contributor
my-own-fico

GFer wrote:

user5387 wrote:

I can only assume we're still talking about EQ 08?

When it comes to wishful thinking vs reality, wishful thinking wins.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+