cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New...... Please Help with Why score didn't change!?!?

tag
jmill012

New...... Please Help with Why score didn't change!?!?

I recently paid off a credit card that had a limit of $4K and a balnce of $3500.  I also paid off a card that had a limit of $1750 and a balnce of $850.  Both card had a Description of "Consumer Credit Counseling Account" changed to closed by Cosumer. I got a alert that the accounts read 0 balance and description was changed yet, my score did not change.  I have 1 other card that has a $6K limit and $1200 balance.  Anyone know why my score did not change or when it will reflect the the 0 balances and improved description?

Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jmill012

Re: New...... Please Help with Why score didn't change!?!?

So I broke down and broke down and bought a new score today and what do you know it went from a 669 to a 710.  Yet the score watch was still showing 669.  I think it is useless.

Is the Score Watch a waste of money?  Does it work?  Anyway thanks for all the help guys.  I do appreciate it.

Message 22 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
laz98
Senior Contributor

where did you get this alert from?  did you update your reports & scores?  most won't update just because you got an alert.  you will either have to update or purchase new reports and/or scores.
Message 2 of 24
jmill012

I have the score monitor that says it will alert me when my score increases or any other changes to my report. It alerted me that the accounts now reads a 0 balance but says my score is still 669.  Shouldn't it show me the score increase?

Message 3 of 24
laz98
Senior Contributor

i'm not familiar with score monitor.  who offers that service?  is that what it's called?
Message 4 of 24
jmill012

It is offered on this site. It is called Score Watch.  Either way shouldn't paying off two of my CC that equated for 90% of my CC debt have a big impact on my score?  Also, does the description change affect the score too?
Message 5 of 24
laz98
Senior Contributor

oh i see, score watch.  well, unfortunately i still can't help, since i don't use score watch.......

it does make sense to me that your score should go up.  but i didn't think that your scores were automatically updated.  i think you will have to purchase new ones.  but definitely wait for others to chime in before you spend $40 for following my maybe-inaccurate advice.

Message 6 of 24
jmill012

Thanks!!
Message 7 of 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the Forums!

Have you had a chance to pull your EQ yet as offered via the SW subscription? If so, look on page 2 or 3 of that report. See if there is a % mentioned for utilization. You would want to check to see if those cards were factored in.

You should have received an increase. Do you have any other CCs or LOCs not mentioned? Do you have any COs that could have impacted your utilization?

Message 8 of 24
jmill012

I have no charge offs, no collections and everythign is current.  Only thing different is the two CC reading 0 balnce.  3 CC's total now using 1200 of 8000 available credit.  Before it was $7000 of $8000.

The Score Simulator suggested it would increase atleast 20 points and possible 40 points with the two paid off.

Message 9 of 24
jmill012

Addition, the two I paid off were already closed due to being in Consumer Credit Counsling.  But now they read closed by consumer and not Consumer Credit Counseling Account

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.