Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account on credit report

tag
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

New account on credit report

I apped and was approved for an AMEX SPG card back at the end of March. Still hasn't showed up on any of my credit reports. A statement was even cut about 5 days ago.

I apped and was approved for a Barclays Jet Blue this past weekend and I got an alert it was added to my account today, I haven't even received the card in the mail. lol

Whats the deal with that?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New account on credit report

@Outdoorstech1 wrote:

I apped and was approved for an AMEX SPG card back at the end of March. Still hasn't showed up on any of my credit reports. A statement was even cut about 5 days ago.

I apped and was approved for a Barclays Jet Blue this past weekend and I got an alert it was added to my account today, I haven't even received the card in the mail. lol

Lenders report at different speeds, and sometimes a lender even reports at different times for new accounts vis a vis I've had an individual lender (Amex) report one new account at 3 weeks, and one new account at 2 months, YMMV.  Generally if the account winds up on your report within 2 statements don't sweat it, if it hits earlier great, if not ain't no big thing.

        
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays is insanely fast in reporting. Most of us have seen the account report before receiving the card. Amex is more like normal for reporting.

Message 3 of 4
silkysean
Regular Contributor

@Outdoorstech1 wrote:

Barclays,Discover and a few others report fast but Amex usually takes 3 statements then report.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.