Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New here

Got my score of 663, I have previously signed up for the transunion vantage score  and got 754.  I wanted to get my 'real' score so I came here.

It said I was in the 15% risk category, which to me sounds pretty good.  I did only get 1 score from equifax from myfico.com.  I noticed alot of my medical debt was not on this report, and i dont want to pay for another report from transunion.  I know I have about 7000 in OLD medical debt(circa 2002-2004), and it only showed $250 today!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New here

@Anonymous wrote:

Got my score of 663, I have previously signed up for the transunion vantage score  and got 754.  I wanted to get my 'real' score so I came here.

It said I was in the 15% risk category, which to me sounds pretty good.  I did only get 1 score from experian(i think it was experian).  I noticed alot of my medical debt was not on this report, and i dont want to pay for another report from transunion.  I know I have about 7000 in OLD medical debt(circa 2002-2004), and it only showed $250 today!

Hello and welcome.

That score of 663. Was that a Transunion or Equifax score you bought here? I just want to be clear where you got it.

When is the last time you got your free credit reports from annualcreditreport.com?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

rRe: New here

From here it was equifax sorry i confused you.

I got my free credit report sometime last year and wrote down all the creditors #'s and things so that WHEN im able to send some $ I can.

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: rRe: New here

@Anonymous wrote:

From here it was equifax sorry i confused you.

I got my free credit report sometime last year and wrote down all the creditors #'s and things so that WHEN im able to send some $ I can.

Good. At least you know it's the real deal. The scores you got from Transunion and Experian are what we call FAKO scores.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money. You can also purchase your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com. At www.equifax.com EQ will still sell you an EQ FICO score but you need to look for their "Score Watch" product.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My transunion report shows 4 medical debts. With only a total of about $2500. 

What do you do when the debts 'fall off' your report?  They still some how affect it right?  Would paying them off even though they dont show up make the score go up?

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

My transunion report shows 4 medical debts. With only a total of about $2500. 

What do you do when the debts 'fall off' your report?  They still some how affect it right?  Would paying them off even though they dont show up make the score go up?

If the debts fall off your report, due to the 7-yr reporting period, then you won't have to worry about the reporting ever again. Your credit reports will no longer be impacted. Your FICO score won't be impacted by them either because FICO only scores based on what is reported on your CRs.

If they fell off, I'd consider paying them. They can collect forever on it and in some states, still sue for the past debt (based on SOL in your state).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.