Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to FICO... I have some quick questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to FICO... I have some quick questions

24 years old... Student Loans, 2 Credit Cars with under $1200 total.... score of 738. **this good?**

Never missed any kind of payment at all or never have I been late on a payment.
No Mortgage (i rent)
No Car Payment (car paid off)
No Medical Bills
Savings Account
2 Checking Accounts (1 of them active, other one I do not use and has $0.15 in it)

I want my score to bump up to 760 within the next year....

how would I do that

also should I close the Checking Account with $0.15 in it?  I do not use it AT ALL.

thanks!

Dave

Message Edited by SSTUDVII on 09-05-2007 09:38 AM

Message Edited by SSTUDVII on 09-05-2007 01:12 PM
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New to FICO... I have some quick questions

oh forgot to say

1 Credit Card has a $10,000 Limit (my active cc) **400 Balance**
1 Credit Card has a $8,000 Limit (my 0.0% cc that I just used to buy a TV) **800 Balance**
Message 2 of 22
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

You score is excellent. Having a 760 probably won't get you anything you wouldn't already qualify for.

FICO does not care about your checking account.
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats-

It will be tough to get too much higher without a mortgage and time.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be in like Flynn for practically any kind of loan or credit. Just never be late on anything, and you'll be fine. You don't really need to "do" anything to manage or improve your credit.
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have excellent credit....I am so jealous!

I would suggest you close the 2nd checking account. If you are not using, you don't need it.  Also, some banks or credit unions will hit you with a steep inactivity fee for not using the account. You don't want a 15 cent account to turn into a 25 dollar inactivity fee.

Best wishes.

Missy
Message 6 of 22
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

Wow, I shudder to think of where I would be now if 22 years ago at the tender age of 24 I had been blessed with CL like those.  I had a hard enough time with my $400 Nieman Marcus card!

Smiley Sad
Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

SSTUDVII wrote:
24 years old... Student Loans, 2 Credit Cars with under $1200 total.... score of 738. **this good?**

Never missed any kind of payment at all or never have I been late on a payment.
No Mortgage (i rent)
No Car Payment (car paid off)
No Medical Bills
Savings Account
2 Checking Accounts (1 of them active, other one I do not use and has $0.15 in it)

I want my score to bump up to 760 within the next year....

how would I do that

also should I close the Checking Account with $0.15 in it?  I do not use it AT ALL.

thanks!

Dave

Message Edited by SSTUDVII on 09-05-2007 09:38 AM

Message Edited by SSTUDVII on 09-05-2007 01:12 PM

This is awesome at your age. Make a committment NOW
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make a committment NOW that you will always be responsible w/ your credit, will keep your CC's util at 9% or below, and for the rest of your life you will  be in good w/ the credit game as long as you consistently do what you are doing now. Do not even think that you can deviate- I had good credit when I was your age and then a couple of years later blew it. Once I got off track took me years before I knew better than to care. Now I care deeply and will never regress.
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

same with me right out of school i had 2 cc paid on them everything was going smooth then i screwed up and im just now 6 yrs later trying to reestablish credit which is no fun, once u fall behind its hell to catch up. i wish i would of read this website back when i had my cc, but i really didnt know all about credit and i dont think i even cared then, so im paying for it now for sure.
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.