Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update

tag
907grown
Established Contributor

New update

What's up with this site?!  I have been waiting for an update on my score.  My FAKO from credit Karma has gone up 40 points since the 24th, I wish that was my FICO score, but I am unsure as to why I have not been updated.  I almost want to buy my score from fico right now to see what they have, but isn't that why I pay for my subscription every month, so I don't have to buy it?  Besides, the last time I did buy my score, the next day, I got an update from the site....  Do any of you have this problem or is it just a fluke? 

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New update

nyankovic wrote:
What's up with this site?!  I have been waiting for an update on my score.  My FAKO from credit Karma has gone up 40 points since the 24th, I wish that was my FICO score, but I am unsure as to why I have not been updated.  I almost want to buy my score from fico right now to see what they have, but isn't that why I pay for my subscription every month, so I don't have to buy it?  Besides, the last time I did buy my score, the next day, I got an update from the site....  Do any of you have this problem or is it just a fluke? 

CreditKarma's CRA source is TU. The only product that can update at anytime that myFICO offers is ScoreWatch, which monitors EQ only. Also being a FAKO, CK's score source is poor at best. CK's score can go up and your TU FICO can go down for the same event. What changed on your EQ report to lead to a score change?

Message 2 of 8
907grown
Established Contributor

Nothing specific has changed, although I did dispute a few things that were removed, I do have additional collections that need to be paid, so as I read here, don't expect much if any jump because those baddies do still exist.  I disputed with all 3, so far, experian came back with those deleted, and I am still waiting to get the results back from TU and EQ.  Aside from that, I hae a number of bills that are being paid ontime.  I did have a number of lates in the last two years because of a car that I could barely afford.  Other then that, I have not had any lates in 13 months.  I thought with timely monthly payments, my score would continue to climb.

BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If collections were removed off of EQ, but you still have some remaining, then you wouldn't really see a bump until your last one or two are removed.

Paying ontime generally doesn't increase your score, especially if collections, lates, or other baddies are present. However, you may see some small increases over time as your oldest TLs hit anniversay dates or your AAoA increases. I saw increases at the 1 yr mark after adding new credit, but didn't see that at 2 yrs. I did see small increases as my AAoA hit 2 yrs.

Message 4 of 8
907grown
Established Contributor

So what more can I do to improve my score?  I know that next week when I pay all three of my cc down from 120% util to about 10%, I will see a big jump, but I don;t know if that will be enough to get me where I need to be to buy my house.  I want to buy next year, by August, and I was planning on buying in a developing area in my state, so I wanted to go with the USDA loan.  They work with lower score holders, 580 and up, I was so very irresponsible for a long time, but I have cleaned up my act and I want to be able to have that reflected in my credit worthiness.  Some of my collections wont fall off until 2013, what do I do?

Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You'll see large gains when those CCs report a lower balance. Ideally you'd want two to report $0 with the other under 9%, not 10%.

Other than util, looks like the lates and CAs are really hurting. Take steps to remove those via DVing, PFDing, etc. and remove the lates and you'll be on your way.

What Steps Do I Take

Message 6 of 8
907grown
Established Contributor

How do I ask my creditors to remove lates?  On my car that I could not afford, I was late 7 times in 07 and 08 collectively.  Last time that was paid late was in Jul 08, I disputed this because I was not sure that it was accurate, all three CR came back saying that the reporting is accurate.  I know if I could get rid of just a few lates, it would definately help alot!

Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Follow the steps in the link above. There are example letters found within the stickies within this forum.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.