cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie here... I'm confused.

tag
sarahw822

Newbie here... I'm confused.

I have gone through so many threads in the past few days I feel like I know you all!  I don't think I've seen this addressed though.

I've had my chest puffed for the last few days thinking I've been doing something right with my credit management skills until tonight.  I used my once a year report from annualcreditreport.com with all three reporting agencies in the last month. 

Equifax scores me at 751 says "very good"
Trans Union scores me at 798 a "C"

Are these FAKO scores or what?  I'm a single mom with plenty of debt but lots of equity in my upper middle class home.  It just doesn't seem like my scores should be that high.  I have many cards, some don't have balances but some do, some are high, others not.

It just doens't seem like this should be this easy.  What am I missing?

Sarah
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Newbie here... I'm confused.

Sound like FAKo's to me.

Pull reports from MYFICO if you are going to make a purchase or something that needs a higher score.

Otherwise- I recommend getting score watch for 89 a year. to keep an Eye on Eq.
Take what you have learned to pay down UTL and never never be late.
Message 2 of 4
sarahw822

Took the plunge... signed up for score watch... still 751.  That must be good. 

Oh, I have only 1 late on my record and that was a GAP card that I have long since closed, I did take what I learned from you all and am sending them a GW letter.  That's the only negative and a hard inquiry Oct. '06 from First USA.  I don't recall applying for any credit from them for anything.  Should I raise a stink about it or just let it be?  My first instinct is just let it be.

Also a few incorrect former addresses and the fact that they are using my ex- husband's birthdate as mine, that I'm taking steps to correct on my EQ report.

Maybe I am doing something right?

Sarah
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarahw822 wrote:
Took the plunge... signed up for score watch... still 751. That must be good.
Oh, I have only 1 late on my record and that was a GAP card that I have long since closed, I did take what I learned from you all and am sending them a GW letter. That's the only negative and a hard inquiry Oct. '06 from First USA. I don't recall applying for any credit from them for anything. Should I raise a stink about it or just let it be? My first instinct is just let it be.
Also a few incorrect former addresses and the fact that they are using my ex- husband's birthdate as mine, that I'm taking steps to correct on my EQ report.
Maybe I am doing something right?
Sarah

Congrats on your score-
Send a copy of your DL, SSN card and birth cert or utility bill to
Fax to: 888-826-0573 fro EQ

They will fix it up that birth date.

Start sample letter:

Confirmation Number: XXX
SSN: XXX-XX-XXXX
Fax to: 888-826-0573

Subject: Birth Date

Dear Equifax,

After reviewing my credit report it has come to my attention you do not have my Date of Birth in your records. Please update my Date of Birth to Month date year (XX/XX/XX) per the attached proof.
Please find attached a copy of my Birth Certificate and a copy of my XX Drivers license and Social Security card.

Thank you for your prompt attention in this mater.

Timothy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.