Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Steps Suggestions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next Steps Suggestions

I recently applied for 3 cards, AMEX PRG, Chase Freedom & Capital One Venture. I was approved for all 3 in a span of 1-2 days.  See link below for details if interested.

I would like opinions regarding what to do next to boost my FICO scores:

Pre App FICO Scores:

1. Experian: 712, 1 inq.

2. Transunion:  726, 0 inq.

3. Equifax:  731, 0 inq.

All scores in Pre App above reflect 1 secured BOA, 1 30-day late 6yrs old

Post App FICO Scores

1. Experian: 676,  4 inq 

2. Transunion:  726,  2 inq,

3. Equifax:  731,  1 inq

All scores in Post App above reflect 1 secured BOA, 1 30-day late 6yrs old.  They do not reflect new AMEX, Chase & Cap 1 as of yet.  I assume they will appear in the next few weeks. 

As you can see, my Experian took the biggest hit.  I had 3 inq hit in addition to 2 very old positive installment loans fell off my credit reports during the same week of the inqs.  Interesting how Eq & Trans were not affected at all.  Doesn't really make sense and fair.  I could understand if the old credit information was no longer being used to calculate FICO scores.  Evidently, they still are considering the steep drop in my Experian.  Unless the 3 additional inqs caused it.  I really don't know.

Questions:

A.  Will my FICO scores increase when the AMEX, Chase & Cap 1 hit the CRA'S? 

B.  What are my next steps to increase my FICO score to high 700's to low 800's?  Keep util under 10% etc etc?  On time payments?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mohawk

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Chase-Pre-Qualify/m-p/4083125#M68786

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.