Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Alert From Scorewatch?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Alert From Scorewatch?

I resolved an issue on my EQ report and thought I would get an alert.  I am doing the 30-day trial for SW.  Is there a reason I have not received an alert? I had to use Score Power to see the change and the new score.  Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No Alert From Scorewatch?

I never got an alert when the negative was removed. I paid for a credit report and it show it has changed (1 week after the removal). So I think the alert has a few week's delay.
Message 2 of 9
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I resolved an issue on my EQ report and thought I would get an alert.  I am doing the 30-day trial for SW.  Is there a reason I have not received an alert? I had to use Score Power to see the change and the new score.  Thanks for any help.

What type of issue?

Did something drop off? Was something added?

Have you read the link on what reports and what doesn't? Not every resolved issue is meant to alert. Give us a few details, and we might be able to advise.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a 10 year old tax lien fall off on Monday, but didn't get the alert until today. It told me what my new score was and the possible reasons:

1). a negative is no longer showing

2). length of credit history increased.

I was going to cancel scorewatch trial, but seeing that it tells you what your new score is when it goes up or down makes it more worthwhile. No need to buy scores.

Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

steppingup wrote:

I had a 10 year old tax lien fall off on Monday, but didn't get the alert until today. It told me what my new score was and the possible reasons:

1). a negative is no longer showing

2). length of credit history increased.

I was going to cancel scorewatch trial, but seeing that it tells you what your new score is when it goes up or down makes it more worthwhile. No need to buy scores.

Congrats! Be sure to immediately go and change your target score to that new score. That way you'll continue getting alerts when there's a score change.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you steppingup and llecs.  Your posts were very helpful.
Message 6 of 9
Dheise

I have been using myFico scorewatch for a few years now.  I have my target score set to my current score.  I understand there are some things that won't trigger an alert.  However, I have been paying down my credit cards completely and not getting any score alerts.  So today I paid extra $$$ and got my latest report.  My score was 25 points higher than what myFico scorewatch was stating.  20 min later I get an email from myFico scorewatch stating that my score has not changed in the last week.  So had I not paid the extra money I would have just gone on thinking my score hadn't changed because that is specifically what the scorewatch service said in the email.

I feel like I have to pay extra to get something I already paid for.....

Little frustrating.

Message 7 of 9
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

I spent $15.95 for a report and score yesterday at the EQ web site. A 7 point increase had taken place.

A myFICO ScoreWatch alert has yet to arrive in my inbox. When logging in, I'm still at my old score.

All of my ScoreWatch settings are fully optimized at all times, which includes setting a threshold to my current score + 1.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to set it to alert you when your score changes. You do this by going into Scorewatch, clicking on the settings tab, and under alert settings change "Whenever your FICO score reaches a target score of" to whatever your current score is. Then you will get an alert every time your score changes - up or down. Just make sure that when your score does change, you go back in and change the "trigger" score to your current FICO score.

If you don't set this up this way, you will only get alerts when your account balance increases (not decreases) or when your score changes enought that you could get a lower or higher interest rate on a loan.

I learned this the hard way, after complaining and almost canceling my Scorewatch account. Now that I have it set up correctly, I get an alert by email and on my cell phone any time my score changes even one point. Makes the monthly fee totally worth it.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.