Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No FICO score (EX)?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

No FICO score (EX)?

I directed a friend to the Discover site to check her EX score.  The answer that she received was that they didn't have a score for her.  She's looked over her EQ and TU reports on Credit Karma so there is a histroy.  It's not good but it's a history. I believe the last time that she's had credit was at least 4 years ago. She also has a BK in 2009.

This was their message -

No FICO® Score Available
LEARN MORE

Important information about your FICO® Credit Score
Hello xxxxx,
Based on the key things the FICO® Scoring Criteria is looking for, there wasn't enough information in your Experian Credit Report to generate a FICO® Score for you. Don't worry - this happens, and we have all the resources you'll need to understand how to get a FICO® Score.

The first step is to figure out why. Do any of the below apply to you or sound familiar?
You have young accounts or not enough of them - If you don't have many accounts, or if the ones you have were all recently opened, you probably haven't built a long enough credit history to be scored.
No recent account activity - Even if you're being financially responsible, it's hard for lenders to make a judgment call about your credit riskiness if they can't see how you're using credit.
If none of the above sounds familiar, there's a chance that a previous lender mistakenly reported you as deceased.

She is still alive so the bottom one doesn't count. I understand what the rest of it says but shouldn't she have a score based on the good and bad accounts that are less than 10 years ago?

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Grafton88
Established Contributor

Re: No FICO score (EX)?

Do the EQ and TU reports on CK show what accounts she has that are open?  Does she still have a CC she could use?  She might want to do a regular purchase on that card to get the ball rolling again.

EX might need some activity to generate a score.

Message 2 of 6
masscredit
Valued Contributor

The reports show her past accounts but she currently doesn't have any that are open. Her last open account was a few years ago. 

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 3 of 6
Grafton88
Established Contributor

"No recent account activity - Even if you're being financially responsible, it's hard for lenders to make a judgment call about your credit riskiness if they can't see how you're using credit."

Then this looks to be the problem.  She may have to go the secured CC route to get back in the game.  Six months of activity may be needed.  Her older accounts, though now closed, should count toward her AAoA.  Without any baddies, when you look at her new and old accounts she should be able to generate a nice score.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does CK generate Vantage 3.0 scores for her?  Since she has no open accounts and the Vantage 3.0 model doesn't consider closed accounts for 10 years like FICO models do, I'm curious if that means that CK sees no data to generate scores for her either.

Message 5 of 6
masscredit
Valued Contributor

CK shows her old accounts and has scores in the mid-upper 500s.

i think I'm going to suggest a secured card and/or add her as an AU to one of my cards.

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.