Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Score Change Question

tag
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

No Score Change Question

So I had my credit reports pulled for a mortgage.  Seeing I had a lock on Transunion, this resulted in 2 Experian 2 Equifax and 1 Transunion pulled.  Im working on getting those extra ones removedfora duplicate pull error.

But none of my credit scores went down at all from these pulls. 

Anyone can explain this one?

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No Score Change Question

HPs don't always result in score drops.  There can be any number of reasons why.  Most are profile-specific.  One reason would be if you already have a lot of inquiries.  Eventually due to diminishing returns, additional inquiries stop further impacting score.  Some also believe that inquiries may be binned together, that is, that say 1-2 are scored the same, then 3-4, 5-6, etc.  Sometimes adding an inquiry or two may not change the "bin" you're in, thus no scoring change.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

When were the inquiries?  And what credit monitoring system are you using?

Message 3 of 20
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

I use Experian's credit tracker subscription.  It givesme FICO8 with daily pulls from all 3 cb at no extra charge.

@Anonymous wrote:

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, if you are getting a daily pull of all three scores then it isn't because you are still waiting for a passive alert-driven system to notify you.  So that rules that out.

It's likely what BBS said.  It would be useful for the community to hear how many inquiries you had at each bureau.  (Counting only those inquiries < 364 days old.)  And also if you can confirm that no inquiries were turning 364-366 days old around the same time as the new inquiries occured.

Message 5 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MrTom wrote:

I use Experian's credit tracker subscription.  It givesme FICO8 with daily pulls from all 3 cb at no extra charge.

@Anonymous wrote:

Daily pulls from all 3 bureaus? What is the exact name of the service you're subscribing to?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering the same thing SJ.  I know CCT provides daily pulls of just EX.  I've never heard of daily pulls on all 3B reports/scores.

Message 7 of 20
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Aren't mortgage pulls different in that they count as one and don't affect the scores until after 30 days or something along those lines?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:
Aren't mortgage pulls different in that they count as one and don't affect the scores until after 30 days or something along those lines?

Bingo! I think it's this. And it might be 45 days. 

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:

Duh!  I am a total moron.  Yes.  These are all mortgage pulls.  Therefore they have zero scoring impact for the first 30 days.  This is why our OP should be experiencing zero scoring impact.

Even after that, the inquiries will be grouped and counted as a single inquiry if done within the same 14-day window.  Therefore our OP doesn't really need to worry about the extra duplicate inquiry for EQ and EX.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.