Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Score Change....Rebucket??

tag
sgs71
Regular Contributor

No Score Change....Rebucket??

So I've been reading and searching the forums.  Just found out about rebucketing.  I'm not sure I completeley understand.  In the past month, I have been successful getting 8 collections (medical), a tax lein, and a judgement deleted.  I have no changes in my scores.  Actually lost 21 points on EX....is it possible I've been rebucketed?? I don't really get it.  Forgive my ignorance on this.  I'm trying to understand it.  Ugh!  TIA

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No Score Change....Rebucket??

What tools are you using to pull your credit reports and see that the derogs have indeed been removed?  When was the last time you pulled your reports?

What are you using to pull your credit scores?  When is the last time you pulled them?

Message 2 of 11
sgs71
Regular Contributor

Im using myfico, CCT and CK,  I haven't pulled a new one from my fico but I did on Friday get an updated report from CCT.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got an updated report on Friday (which presumably showed all those derogs had been removed).  Did you pull new scores on CCT too? 

Message 4 of 11
sgs71
Regular Contributor

I did pull a new report, which is to show updated scores and there was no change.  Yes, the derog's are gone.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is certainly strange.  You may want to get some feedback from someone with more expertise in CCT.  Maybe a customer service rep there?

Typically the answer to these kind of questions, which all have the form...

I have made huge positive changes to my report but my score hasn't budged by even a point

... is one of the following:

(a)  The person has made the changes but the creditors have not yet reported them to the CRAs, so the previous data (negatives, high CC balances, whatever) is actually still on the report.

(b) The changes have been made to the report, but the method that the person is using to track his credit scores is "alert" based.  He is expecting that, if his score had changed, then his credit monitoring service would tell him.  But for an "alert" driven CMS, many profound changes to the report do not in fact prompt a new score to be run.

In your case, you are saying (if I understand you right) that neither A nor B are the case.  You have pulled fresh reports and you have pulled fresh scores (via CCT).  If that is true, there must be something strange going on with CCT.  It's impossible to get 10 major derogs deleted with no impact to one's score -- not even a point.  (Assuming that your profile hasn't become suddenly worse in some other obvious way.)  I encourage you to contact CCT for guidance.

Message 6 of 11
sgs71
Regular Contributor

I will look into this.  I thought the same, that how is this possible?  I'm tempted to pull a new report from MY FICO, but it costs so much.  It's driving me insane though.  I thank you so much for your help and responses! I will update when I do get more info what's going on.  And no, I have had no new negatives to my report.  No lates, no added collections, nothing at all! Again, thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are very welcome.  Two options that will cost you nothing:

(a)  Pull new credit scores and reports at Credit Karma,  Be sure not to compare the Karma scores to your FICOs, but do compare them to their previous values.  If you see confirmation in the reports that all the derogs are gone and you see a substantial boost in your Karma scores, that is further evidence that the problem is in CCT (either a bug or possibly a misunderstanding of how the updating is supposed to work).

(b)  Contact CCT and ask for help.

Good luck....

Message 8 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@sgs71 wrote:

I have no changes in my scores.  Actually lost 21 points on EX....is it possible I've been rebucketed??

No telling without knowing specifically what changed on your reports and even then we can only guess and cannot guarantee what your score should be.  We simply don't know all the specifics of any of the FICO scoring models.  The best we have is this:

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

The thing is that you cannot simply assume that removal of derogs should yield a score increase.  Some actually see a score drop because AAoA and possibly other factors are negatively impacted by the removals.  Regardless, one is generally better off without the derogs than with.  Don't just obsess over the numbers and focus on the data in your reports  For what you state I'd generally expect an increase but it's also possible that despite the increases you've taken some hits to certain factors that may have yielded no net gain or even a net loss.

If the problem is bucketing then the issue is that you're stuck in a bucket -- not that you have been rebucketed.  However, I dount that's the issue.

A CCT issue is also a possibility.

There just isn't enough info for us to clealry determine the cause.  With CCT were you eligible for updates on all 3 CRA's on that day?

Message 9 of 11
sgs71
Regular Contributor

I went ahead and pulled a new fico report. My scores did go up in the 20 point range. I think I don't see a big jump because my utilization went up above 30%. I'll soon have that back down below 10% though. Relieved it did at least go up some 😊

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.