Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Score

"At least one account that has been open for six months or more" I have one credit card and on the report Date open 10/2008 when do I expect to have a score? Please help.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Re: No Score

KD,

While there is no real way to figure out where you will be, from experience in seeing things I see that most people just starting in building their credit start somewhere in the middle of the FICO score range, possibly the low to mid 600's.  However, in todays credit environment I see alot of people with scores in the 700's but they are declined for short credit history.  Good luck.

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

After 6 months.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

So I should have a score in March ? Any idea how many points? How FICO start point at? since I am just starting do I get 300 points?

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
Scamp
Valued Contributor

KDx wrote:

Thank you!

So I should have a score in March ? Any idea how many points? How FICO start point at? since I am just starting do I get 300 points?

Thanks

A good place to start is the first post or so of Credit Scoring 101, as well as Understanding Credit Reports & Scores.

Reading these should give you the basic background information to understand how scoring works and what you're likely to read on here about it.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 4 of 7
Donks3369
Established Contributor

KD,

While there is no real way to figure out where you will be, from experience in seeing things I see that most people just starting in building their credit start somewhere in the middle of the FICO score range, possibly the low to mid 600's.  However, in todays credit environment I see alot of people with scores in the 700's but they are declined for short credit history.  Good luck.

Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

KDx wrote:

Thank you!

Thanks

I would expect that you could pull a score after the card updates in April (October --> April = 6 months. And don't forget that it does have to update.)

You will probably start somewhere in the low to mid-600's at a guess. You don't have to start from the bottom.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 years old car loan never late and student loans with experian but not with trans. Thank you all. Have a good night.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.