Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No credit score?

I signed up for the Experian cedit score monitoring service. My husband uses this and we have effectively raised his score with it. We have been so focused on his because he makes the bulk of the money in our house. So we thought it was best to focus on his first. So I signed up for the servicce and it said it could not come up with a credit score for me. I have not had any accounts in my name for many years. It did show me some accounts showing up as delinquent on my account. Several actually all medical bills. Other than that my oldest longest account was paid off in 08' I believe. My car. So where do I start? Is it possible to have NO credit score? Not even like a 300? I had no idea you could have no score at all. I thought when people say you have no credit you at least start at a certain number, like a base number. Forgive me if this sounds silly. I just feel like I don't know where to go to build credit. My husbands wasn't that bad when we began working on his. I just started going to school again and in a 3 years I will graduate and want a killer credit score to go with my new income Smiley Happy Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you all for reading and/or responding.

Elizabeth

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No credit score?

Have him add you as an authorized user on one or two of his cards and in six months you will have a decent score. Then apply a few of your own.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having no score is a lot easier to fix than having a low score. I went from no score to my current 748 in a year.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks your awesome!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.