cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No matter what I do TU score doesn't move!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No matter what I do TU score doesn't move!

Hey all!  So I have been on this journey for a year and while my equifax score has gone up (635 to 682) my TU score hasn't budged!  I have 1 medical collection from 2006 ($53 paid), a HELOC that is almost 100% because it was part of my original home loan and short credit history (longest account 7 years 8 mo).  Other than that, I have a perfect payment history.  I can't seem to figure out what to do!

I have 1 credit card I use and pay in full monthly, a mortgage that I always pay, a car loan I always pay, a student loan I always pay and thats it!  Any ideas?

THANKS! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: No matter what I do TU score doesn't move!

If you are not paying your credit card before the statement cuts, that is one thing you can try. TU does not like utilization...and utilization is calculated based on your statement balance (in most cases). It makes no difference that you have already paid it off.

Especially if you only have one credit card, TU isn't going to like seeing a balance on it. Go online about 4-5 days before the statement cuts and pay it off. Let it show a zero statement balance. See if that helps your TU score. (What kind of credit card is it?)

Also, have you tried writing a goodwill (GW) letter to see if your medical collection can get removed? You may also want to Google the HIPPA process as it relates to medical collections. Getting that off a bit early would be nice.

Depending upon the size of your HELOC, it may be calculated as if it is revolving credit. In that case, your utilization would appear very high. Paying that down would certainly help, as would adding other credit cards...that way the utilization wouldn't look so harsh.

Those are some of my thoughts...

Message Edited by LynetteM on 03-09-2010 12:27 PM
Message 2 of 4
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

On your TU credit report its lists the factors that are hurting your score. They are listed inorder impact on the score what are they?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Collection (1 medical I mentioned-- paid $53)

2. High credit usage (HELOC second mortgage)

3. Short account history (longest over 7 years)

4. Installment balances ($7000 school loans)

All payment history is perfect and I haven't had any inquiries in two years.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.