cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK Getting pretty pissed with Chase Sapphire Preferred and Experian

tag
icegeek

OK Getting pretty pissed with Chase Sapphire Preferred and Experian

I opened a CSP with a $15k limit.  Since March 24 my Experian Fico has gone DOWN a total of 18 points.  3 for the HP.  5 for the account update and then 10 points today when then account was actually added.  How the hell is this happening?  I mean adding a PRIME card with this amount of limit should have raised my score not lowered it.  

Can someone please help me understand?

EXP-814. EQU-810. TU-820
BOACR-$7000, CSP-$15,000, Exxon-$1,200,HomeDepot-$6,000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OK Getting pretty pissed with Chase Sapphire Preferred and Experian

Check your report lately?
Message 2 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Higher scores tend to get hit harder as well.. Your points will recover sooner than later.. Also something else might be contributing, but not Chase's fault for the HP, new account and AAoA hit.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Obviously EX does not understand that because it is the CSP it should not follow the exact path all other cards do upon application and then as a new account showing up on ones CR.  Shame on EX! 

Maybe because it is a PRIME card it should ignore what everyone else experiences when adding new TL's?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easier to lose points than gain huh. Lol.
Message 5 of 8
CraigHwk
Regular Contributor

The type of card has nothing to do with it, regardless if it's prime or not.   No reason to be P.O.'d at the card itself.   Scores will swing around and it's completely normal.  There are other factors involved that could cause the drop, but if you keep everything clean and pay on time, the scores will recover and increase further. 

USAA MC ✪ Amex BCP, SPG, Platinum ✪ Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Marriott Rewards, United Explorer ✪ Discover IT ✪ CapOne QS ✪ Fidelity Visa ✪ BarclaysPlatinum Rewards ✪ Citi Double Cash

Starting EX FICO (2010): 513 | Current FICO: EX 759, EQ: 773, TU: 761
Message 6 of 8
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

Downside of high scores. Just got a Freedom, EX dropped 17 points, TU hit hard too. EQ not so much. Current scores in sig. Knew this could happen based on other reports but time heals all and you have a shiny new CSP while you wait.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 7 of 8
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@gonzoflick wrote:

I opened a CSP with a $15k limit.  Since March 24 my Experian Fico has gone DOWN a total of 18 points.  3 for the HP.  5 for the account update and then 10 points today when then account was actually added.  How the hell is this happening?  I mean adding a PRIME card with this amount of limit should have raised my score not lowered it.  

Can someone please help me understand?

Scores are based on how you manage credit.  The algorythm doesn't care if it's a CSP or an L-M-N-O-P.  At this point, you have a new account but there's not a history of how you manage that account.  Give it time.  Time is always your ally, all other factors being equal.  One of my financial advisors early on told me that, in general, a new account (the inquiry/additional tradeline/change in AAofA) will initially result in around a 10 point hit, but with a few months of aging, you'll get 15 or so points, with a net of +5 at least.  It's all about credit management. At the higher scores, as previously pointed out, the hit can be greater. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.