Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG my score dropped 41pts!!! help!!!

tag
dekelley1
Regular Contributor

OMG my score dropped 41pts!!! help!!!

So I just got an alert stating my score dropped 41pts, but there have been no updates on my report.  Can somone please tell me what happened?  I have been doing so good 180pst + since Oct 08, this is devistated and there is no explanation as to why!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: Lender pullEQ 667, TU04 698 TU98 644, EX 660
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: OMG my score dropped 41pts!!! help!!!

Was this a Score Watch alert, or one from a non-FICO monitoring service? Have you pulled a new report off this alert?

If this is a FICO score alert, print out the new report and the earlier one, the one with the higher score. Go through with a yellow highlighter, line by line, account by account.

Look for changes in dates and changes in account descriptions. Maybe balances, too, but more likely dates. Also look to see if something dropped off, changing your history/ age.

This sounds an awful lot like a new 30-day late reporting, somewhat modified by something getting better (reduced util, etc.)

If these are FICO reports, presumably Equifax, what were the negatives and positives on the older score, and what are they on the new score?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.