Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Behavior - Experian FICO 2 Mortgage

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Odd Behavior - Experian FICO 2 Mortgage

Greetings All,  

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed some odd score swings within Experian FICO 2 Mortgage model.  I subscribe to the Ultimate product and track all my scores monthly.  Short story is that my reports have been basically unchanged for a couple of years now as I wait out the clock on my rebuild.  Every month, I only allow one revolving account to show a balance and that balance is usually between $10 and $25 (on a credit line of about $36K on this one account).  All other accounts have remained constant.  As a result, while I wait out the clock, my scores have remained very constant, other than tiny increases from time to time, I assume because of my baddies are getting older.  The exception is Experian FICO 2 Mortgage.  It has gone back and forth - either 718 or 730.  For a month or two it may be 730, then it goes to 718 for a couple of months, then back to 730.  It is always 718 or 730, nothing else.  

For the life of me, I cannot see what is different at all on the report, other than maybe the very small balance that I allow to show on the one revolving account.  

Has anyone else noticed off score changes within the Experian FICO 2 Mortgage Model?  I normally would not care, however if I am not mistaken this is one of the scoring models used by many mortgage lenders.  In about 6 to 8 months all my reports should be completely clean, so probably no issue then, but in the meantime it has me perplexed. 

Thank you!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: Odd Behavior - Experian FICO 2 Mortgage

Is the score higher when you let it report the greater amount? $10 balance on that high line of credit may be rounded down to 0% utilization. Try for a good 1-1.5% balance. 

When you get your reports, what is listed in the negative factors affecting your score?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.