Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Scoring, or SW Problem?

tag
codefreak13
Regular Contributor

Odd Scoring, or SW Problem?

Going in to February 2013 I had 4 baddies on EQ: an HSBC CO with DOFD 4/2010, a judgment showing unpaid of $2210 from 4/2007, a collection for $1200 from 12/2007, and a collection for $521 from 4/2011. At this time SW had me at a 601. In 2/2013 i had a newly-placed collection for $21 that dropped my score 44 points to 557.

I PFD'd the collection from 2007 - +7 points
I disputed the judgment and all three CRAs deleted - no change, but wasn't really expecting much

After a 2-month battle I FINALLY got the 2/2013 removed via a BBB dispute. The account came off EQ and EX where it was reporting earlier this week (monitored with daily pulls from EIDT). I had been waiting to see if I got a score change from it, or some of the points back but got no SW alerts. Strange, my SW is set to current score too and all other SW activity has been no less than a day behind (including when Capital One updated the date on my CO, points taken away very next day).

Today I get an e-mail, from MyFICO, had been waiting all week for it!!!

Only ... No Score Watch(TM) alerts this week Smiley Sad

Lol, I know I'm being overly anxious but I can't help but think something's wrong here. If a new collection dings you that much, how can removing it completely not at least restore SOME points. Could there be different buckets based on the number of collections one has? Makes me wonder if I got the more recent one removed before the one from 2007 if my score would now be different. Either that, or SW somehow didn't pick up a change to my CR that was visible through EIDT on 6/3.

Sigh. Fighting the urge to use my remaining Score Power report. Down to only the CO and one collection account for it so moving in the right direction. BUT I'M ITCHING FOR A BUMP!!!! Smiley Happy /rant

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Odd Scoring, or SW Problem?

What's the 6/3 date?

Message 2 of 8
codefreak13
Regular Contributor

The CA sent in the universal data form to remove the 2/2013 collection on 5/31/13. The first report from EIDT that reflected its removal was on 6/3/13. I had last received a Score Watch e-mail on 5/31/13 at 12:55 AM, so I know today was my 'check' for the last 7-10 day period.

Now that I look back at it, that alert on 5/31/13 was actually for this SAME 2/2013 collection (the CA had marked it as Paid and this was first reflected in my EIDT reports on 5/29/13). I dropped 3 points that day and the alert specifically shows this account, with the only change being updated to Paid. Could the fact that it was a Paid collection tradeline have anything to do with the fact I did not recoup points when it was deleted 4 days later?

I am keeping a positive mindset about having my report look clean vs. just focusing on the score, but it is somewhat discouraging to not see any rebound for completely removing a collection that was only added 4 months ago.

I think I am just going to wait another 7-10 days and see what happens. If I get another 'no change' e-mail, I'll run the Power Report and see what it says. If my score has changed, then I may just be canceling SW. Not leaving the forums though, you guys are great Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I know that EIDT allows you to pull daily. Did it disappear on EQ on 6.3, or could it have been later? In any case, you're inside the 7-10 day window. If your EQ FICO changes and hits or exceeds your target score within settings, then you'll get alerted. 

Is this your last major baddie?

Message 4 of 8
codefreak13
Regular Contributor

It was being reported to EQ and EX. I pull EIDT nightly during the week, always 5 min or so after the time I pulled the previous night. Evening of 6/2 the account was on both reports, evening of 6/3 it was gone from both reports and has remained off since.

Today is still less than the 7-10 days out like you said, so it's possible that I'll get a bump on the next update. I just though that when those e-mails come out they are cumulative of any changes to that point (as every change to my reports on EIDT had a SW reflected within a day or two at the most).

I have a CO and one collection account remaining on my report.

Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

In some situations it's possible to lose points when removing a CA (due to rebucketing). If you have other baddies, then you can rule that out. If your target score is correctly set, you'll get an alert when it updates next (any day now).

Message 6 of 8
codefreak13
Regular Contributor

Missed your reply, and I was impatient and in need of some good news today anyways Smiley Very Happy

I pulled my remaining score power report (which I wouldn't really have much use for in the near future anyways) ... sure enough score is up to a 592, about where I expected it to be. So kinda a bummer that the alerts aren't working exactly as I thought they would (i.e. a sweep every 7-10 days when the e-mails go out, when in reality changes for negative TL drops may not be reflected for some time after the items are removed).

Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I think you are still within the 7-10 days. If it fell 6/3, the 7th day is today. Personally I would be concerned if it were 6/13, but it's still within that window. Be sure to reset that target score ASAP.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.