tag
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Official...myFICO EQ to 08

@Revelate wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Kelsey_H wrote:

@Lechte wrote:

The announcement thread is not open to replies so I figured I'd open this thread and hopefully, for all who are interested in this... we can get some feedback and some questions answered now that it is official.

"On March 16th, FICO migrated all newly ordered myFICO solutions based on Equifax data to the most recent version of the FICO used by lenders (sometimes referenced as FICO 8).  myFICO is simply making sure myFICO customers are getting access to same version of the FICO score that is currently being pulled the majority of the time by lenders.   Existing FICO Score Watch customers (as of the March 16th date) will be migrated to the upgraded version over the next several months.    Note, it’s natural for scores to shift whenever a scoring system is updated. How much it shifts and in what direction will be unique to each consumer."

Admin...thanks for updating us.   My first question is....Now that EQ and EX are 08, will the TU model follow suit anytime soon or at all?   Second....It's odd that EQ's model would be upgraded before TU when TU is so outdated and rarely used, and EQ04 is still used it seems by a majority of lenders....is TU the one holding back or what?    Thanks for any info.

We are currently in the process of migrating our TU-based myFICO products to the FICO® 8 Score as well, and plan to make these products available as soon as this Summer.

I hope you guys can lower the prices for people. I already have two companies that give me my tu 08 score for free...

Yeah, I know personally I would never purchase a TU '08 score for any reason: especially since we can get access to the report data from CK for free as well.

I don't think it's a sellable product, ranted in the private moderator forum a bit about it too and suggested they update to TU '04 classic but that's sadly unlikely to happen but least it got taken to their product people.  Nothing ventured is nothing gained.

Thanks for the advocacy, Revelate

Precisely. The TU 98 model previously sold here was too outdated to be worth buying. Going straight to TU 08 makes no sense in light of all the freebie 08 FICOs being handed out by card issuers now. And you can not only get the TU data on CK but also with CapOne's free score tracker!

Message 11 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Kelsey_H wrote:

@Lechte wrote:

The announcement thread is not open to replies so I figured I'd open this thread and hopefully, for all who are interested in this... we can get some feedback and some questions answered now that it is official.

"On March 16th, FICO migrated all newly ordered myFICO solutions based on Equifax data to the most recent version of the FICO used by lenders (sometimes referenced as FICO 8).  myFICO is simply making sure myFICO customers are getting access to same version of the FICO score that is currently being pulled the majority of the time by lenders.   Existing FICO Score Watch customers (as of the March 16th date) will be migrated to the upgraded version over the next several months.    Note, it’s natural for scores to shift whenever a scoring system is updated. How much it shifts and in what direction will be unique to each consumer."

Admin...thanks for updating us.   My first question is....Now that EQ and EX are 08, will the TU model follow suit anytime soon or at all?   Second....It's odd that EQ's model would be upgraded before TU when TU is so outdated and rarely used, and EQ04 is still used it seems by a majority of lenders....is TU the one holding back or what?    Thanks for any info.

We are currently in the process of migrating our TU-based myFICO products to the FICO® 8 Score as well, and plan to make these products available as soon as this Summer.

I hope you guys can lower the prices for people. I already have two companies that give me my tu 08 score for free...

Yeah, I know personally I would never purchase a TU '08 score for any reason: especially since we can get access to the report data from CK for free as well.

I don't think it's a sellable product, ranted in the private moderator forum a bit about it too and suggested they update to TU '04 classic but that's sadly unlikely to happen but least it got taken to their product people.  Nothing ventured is nothing gained.

Precisely. The TU 98 model previously sold here was too outdated to be worth buying. Going straight to TU 08 makes no sense in light of all the freebie 08 FICOs being handed out by card issuers now. And you can not only get the TU data on CK but also with CapOne's free score tracker!

Slightly OT but how is C1's free score tracker in comparison to CK?

I just closed my C1 account the other day so I can't go check haha.

        
Message 12 of 13
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Kelsey_H wrote:

@Lechte wrote:

Slightly OT but how is C1's free score tracker in comparison to CK?

I just closed my C1 account the other day so I can't go check haha.

Scoring model is the same I believe.   CK is more detailed and Cap1 only updates once a month....so you're not missing anything.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.