cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok So I've been rebuilding my credit from a terrible past...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok So I've been rebuilding my credit from a terrible past...

Ok So I've been rebuilding my credit from a terrible past ( my 20's were hell) I just ran my report and it averages 678. 2 questions first my fico simulator says if I pay off my 2 credit cards( 1600 ish dollars) my score will be in range of 742-780 how accurate is that. Also Ive been thinking of buying a new car( thus the reason for running my report.) I have 2 grand floating around would it be better spent on a down payment or better paying off my CC's to get my my fico score to 760( assuming the simulator was correct) ... Thank you in advance
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ok So I've been rebuilding my credit from a terrible past...

arcus1969 wrote:
Ok So I've been rebuilding my credit from a terrible past ( my 20's were hell) I just ran my report and it averages 678. 2 questions first my fico simulator says if I pay off my 2 credit cards( 1600 ish dollars) my score will be in range of 742-780 how accurate is that. Also Ive been thinking of buying a new car( thus the reason for running my report.) I have 2 grand floating around would it be better spent on a down payment or better paying off my CC's to get my my fico score to 760( assuming the simulator was correct) ... Thank you in advance

Good scores coming out of credit hell.  You know with a higher score you'll get a lower interest rate.  Can you pay down utilization to say between 10-25% across the board and still have something left over for a downpayment? 

The simulator is based on scores in your average range but not on your actual report so there may be variables.

Message 2 of 3
mycredit07

Re: Ok So I've been rebuilding my credit from a terrible past...

Pay your cards off! Simply put, pay off, better rates! Money saved long term! Better rates, lower payments! Great job on cleaning up your report!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.