cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok, which one do people reference as their FICO score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, which one do people reference as their FICO score?

Theres the three FICO scores, and I see names referenced as FICO 08, Beacon, etc. I see many people reference all three, but some that will simply post their FICO as ___. Is there one score that is referenced as the official FICO score? Or any of them equally "quotable" as a FICO score? Make sense?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Ok, which one do people reference as their FICO score?

OK so you understand this and make no mistake. as i know people in general have a hard time understanding fico.

you were correct.

so with the 3 bureaus.

Equifax. they have fico.

Experian. they have fico

transunion. they have fico.

So thats 3 fico scores there. no one says a lender has to pull a specific one. could be either.

and they all with be different as some lenders report to all 3 bureaus. others just report to 1 or 2.

therefore slightly different information on you on each bureau. hence. slightly different scores.

so far 3 scores. right?

Wrong.

there are different versions of fico too

Bank Card versions auto enhanced.

Mortgage version.

different year types.

Fico 98

98 like windows 98

fico 04 like windows xp

fico 08 like windows 08

fico 9 not currently being used. but the next great thing

so all in all . there are between 49 and 53 fico scores on each person.

no one knows which the lender will use.

but the one constant is the data in your report.

what is good and what is bad.

This is all you as indiviual can control . regardless what the lender pulls . if more good than bad. good score. if more bad. bad score. if little bad. medium score. simple

Not rocket science.  so before you apply for something. try and find which version your lender is using and also which bureau they are pulling from.

This will give you a guide to know about what your fico score is. sorry for long answer. but only way to explain this to you. Good luck. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ok, which one do people reference as their FICO score?

Thank you for the explanation. Makes more sense to me now, so appreciate the help.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.