Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Accounts report again..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Accounts report again..

I have two accounts one from approx three years ago and the other about four years ago that just reported again with a 120 days late!!! What is the best way to handle these accounts?? Pay them off or send some sort of nego letter????  Thanks for your help
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Old Accounts report again..

gagefire wrote:
I have two accounts one from approx three years ago and the other about four years ago that just reported again with a 120 days late!!! What is the best way to handle these accounts?? Pay them off or send some sort of nego letter????  Thanks for your help

What kind of accounts are these? If CCs, what are the credit limits and balances on each? Closed accounts with balances do factor in utilization% calculations and this definitely hurts your scores. When was the last time you made any payments on these accounts?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both are old utility bills that I havent paid on for about three years. I recently disputed both of them secondary to the fact that I had moved from that address and left my roommate behind to find out at a much later time the bills did not get paid. They just reported again a few days ago after I sent the disputes in. So it did affect my score negatively to the tune of an 18 point drop. The two accounts are approx. $550.00 a piece. Just trying to figure out the best way to handle this situation. Thanks
Message 3 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

gagefire wrote:
Both are old utility bills that I havent paid on for about three years. I recently disputed both of them secondary to the fact that I had moved from that address and left my roommate behind to find out at a much later time the bills did not get paid. They just reported again a few days ago after I sent the disputes in. So it did affect my score negatively to the tune of an 18 point drop. The two accounts are approx. $550.00 a piece. Just trying to figure out the best way to handle this situation. Thanks

Since they have been verified, I would try a PFD.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.