Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Inquiries just showed up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Inquiries just showed up

So I pulled my daily TU report and it said "4 new inquiries", I scrolled down to see and they were all from mid to late 2008. Although they aren't affecting my scores, they had been off my reports for a long time now and just showed back up. Any ideas why this would happen? I don't mind it since it doesn't affect the scores, but I don't like having my number of inquiries at 8 (just apped for a mortgage).

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Old Inquiries just showed up

@Anonymous wrote:

So I pulled my daily TU report and it said "4 new inquiries", I scrolled down to see and they were all from mid to late 2008. Although they aren't affecting my scores, they had been off my reports for a long time now and just showed back up. Any ideas why this would happen? I don't mind it since it doesn't affect the scores, but I don't like having my number of inquiries at 8 (just apped for a mortgage).

If you look through other recent threads you'll see that TU has done this to many other people with no apparent explanation.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Yeah....all that B*ing for nothing.... Smiley Sad

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

it happened to me also. I had 0 TU inquiries and then today 7 old ones showed up. They were from 2009 but for some reason they were not on for a long time, now they just appeared. Also 5 of them are from the same day when I went to a car dealer in July 2009. I did not know they apply to several creditors and they all show up.

Message 4 of 6
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

I think that all of the auto inquiries are supposed to COUNT? as onebut they all appear.

Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@BungalowMo wrote:

Yeah....all that B*ing for nothing.... Smiley Sad

Ha, you're right! I just got two inqs back on my TU report, with one of them being a CA. Shysters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.