Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Trade Line being deleted

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Trade Line being deleted

I have an old TL being deleted, I have been shown as an authorized user on it and it has been on my credit report for 15 years. There is a 30,60 and  90 day late on it in 2004, and a 30,60 and 30 day late on it in 2005, the most recent being the 30 day late in October 2005. How will the deletion affect my score?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Old Trade Line being deleted

@Anonymous wrote:
I have an old TL being deleted, I have been shown as an authorized user on it and it has been on my credit report for 15 years. There is a 30,60 and 90 day late on it in 2004, and a 30,60 and 30 day late on it in 2005, the most recent being the 30 day late in October 2005. How will the deletion affect my score?

I wouldn't have wanted that in the first place.
Message 2 of 4
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

How it affects your score depends on the rest of your credit history and unless you paint a clear and concise picture of the rest of your tradelines and history, there is no way to judge the affect.

For example, if it is the oldest account in your credit history, and your own personal credit is limited or short in life, it may have more of a negative impact on your score than leaving it on would.

If you have a solid history of your own and other accounts to balance out the average age of accounts, then the affect may be neutral or positive.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless you have a really thin file, I would not expect it to drastically affect your score, and your score could go either up or down because of it. However, without knowing your scores, number of open accounts, CC util, and a host of other things, any of us is just guessing at what will happen.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.