Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oldest tradeline

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oldest tradeline

I pulled my equifax report and one of the factors negatively affecting my score is length of credit history (understandable since my very first credit card -Macy's- was opened January 2007). However, my equifax report is showing my oldest tradeline as American Express (opened October 2007)

Is this negatively impacting me? Should I dispute this with equifax? any chances they will change this comment? or should I not bother.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Oldest tradeline

@Anonymous wrote:

I pulled my equifax report and one of the factors negatively affecting my score is length of credit history (understandable since my very first credit card -Macy's- was opened January 2007). However, my equifax report is showing my oldest tradeline as American Express (opened October 2007)

Is this negatively impacting me? Should I dispute this with equifax? any chances they will change this comment? or should I not bother.

Is Macy's reporting to EQ?  If so, what is their opening date?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's is reporting to EQ and their opening date shows 01/2007
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Let it alone! 

It is older than the AMEX, and is thus helping your score.

The comment offered in your CR is only that you have a short credit history,and just went back and picked up your oldest account as a reference, which wouold have been worse without Mr. MACY.

Igmore it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.