cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One account showing as 2 collections?!?!?

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

One account showing as 2 collections?!?!?

so I pulled my fico score the other day, and on the link for collection accounts it said 2, I clicked the link and there were two collections, for the same account. Is this common, if so, why doesnt it just show as one collection when its just one account?

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Re: One account showing as 2 collections?!?!?

bumping in hopes of someone knowing something about this. additional info: Its the same collection agency, the same debt, date and everything. Its an identical posting, except its hitting me for 2 collections instead of 1. Anyone heard of this?

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 2 of 5
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Need more info. Who is the creditor? Give details about the nature of the collection. Also, is it showing as two different accounts and two different collections? Or is it two collection marks within the same acocunt?

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 3 of 5
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

two identical collections from medical data systems inc. (one account) it was from an ER visit about 6 years ago. its for the same ER visit, same account number, same agency reporting, but Im being marked for two collections. It has two seperate collections with the same info posted, basically looks like they just copy and pasted. looks duplicated. Id never heard of this and didnt know if this was right?

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Locking the thread. The same issue is brought up here.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.