Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One credit bureau won't update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One credit bureau won't update

I have been cleaning my credit reports diligently. The results are remarkable. My Equifax (789) is up over a 100 points and my TransUnion (769)  about the same. However, Experian has an old bankruptcy account that has not been removed. It is the only account included in my Chapter 13 that shows anywhere on any of my credit reports. After seven years the bankruptcy itself fell off my report as did all the accounts included. This one account that is left on Experian is due to drop off next February, according to Experian. I am obviously not doing the right thing to get it removed or to have an explanation of why it is still there or it would no longer be there.

Should I give up and let the time go by? Should I call and ask if anyone can tell me why it is still on my report? (Score 681) I have no clue what to do next. Any ideas or opinions would be appreciated.

In my wallet: Capital One (secured) 1917; Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000. Total Credit: 51,217.
6/19-FICO: EQ - 782; TU - 769; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board. Gardening until further notice.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One credit bureau won't update

To have to wait just one year is not that bad. I would write a few letters and if that didnt work I would ride it out. The year will be up before you know it. Especially if you have no plans on buying anything big like a car or house before February. Your other scores are great Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One credit bureau won't update

@Anonymous wrote:

To have to wait just one year is not that bad. I would write a few letters and if that didnt work I would ride it out. The year will be up before you know it. Especially if you have no plans on buying anything big like a car or house before February. Your other scores are great Smiley Happy

Thank you for your response, buddafly. I guess I hadn't really thought about it like that. Actually, it is only seven months if you discount June. Yes, I can wait. I am in the garden and plan on staying there for a while. Again, thank you.

In my wallet: Capital One (secured) 1917; Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000. Total Credit: 51,217.
6/19-FICO: EQ - 782; TU - 769; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board. Gardening until further notice.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.