Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One credit card account not reported

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One credit card account not reported

I have opened capital one account in 2008. After that I opened bank of America account. MyFico shows the Bank of America account  as one of the new accounts , but not the Capital One. it does not shwo anythign related to Capital One. Why is that? Can I use Capital One account more than other credit cards so that it is nore reportd and it wont reduce my credit score. My score is 704 now. I want to bring it over 720 because I want to refinance my home. I have 5K balance in Chase account and 2K balance in Capital One. What happens if I do balance transfer from Chase to Capital One. I pay 16% interest on $3000 and 3.99% on $2000 in Chase account. I pay 10% interest on Capital One account. I do have Citi Bank account also with 0% balance on it. They are offering 0% balance transfer only with 3% transaction fee. What do you suggest to increase my credit score, I cannot pay off chase account with cash immediately. Since the mortgage rates are very low (historically) I would refinance my either with 30 yr fixed or 5/1 ARM.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: One credit card account not reported

No creditor is ever requred to post to a CRA,

Call Crap1, and find out FIRST why they are not reporting.

I see problems with your BT strategy, but they are purely academic until Crap1 is posted with the CRAs

A BT to them without their inclusion in your CR will  increase your debt, and thus your % utill, with your existing, reportring creditors, not to mention the BT fees that will be tacked on.

You need, in my opinion, to first get your CR in order.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.