Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One question..about bouncing credit score

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: One question..about bouncing credit score

@marty56 wrote:
2 of my 3 CCs have a credit and they both report as 0. It would be kinda fun to see what would happen to your FICO score if a CCC did report a negative balance.

I sometimes get a negative balance with PenFed, because of the cashback posted at statement time, and I once got a negative balance of several hundred dollars on a USAA card due to returning surplus materials. They always reported as zero, and I haven't had any magic fairy dust sprinkled about when it happened.

That would mean the CRA's doing us a favor! Goodness, marty, I know you know better than that. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 16
marty56
Super Contributor

To my defense it is hard to tell on my statement what the CC is reporting since it just says credit and the due amount is 0.  I should have guessed that FICO treats negative as 0 since it round up.  Anyway my bad.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 12 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Sorry, marty, just teasing! I didn't mean to cause hurt feelings. Smiley Sad

It would be interesting to try to find a way to force a compliment out of the CRA's. My brain can't come up with anything though. The concept of them being nice to a consumer is so alien! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 16
marty56
Super Contributor

No I didnt take offense.  I was more interested in it from a programmer's point of view.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do you know your three real time credit scores?
Message 15 of 16
marty56
Super Contributor

Your would purchase them here.  It will be a snapshot of what your credit is at that moment including your FICO score.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.