Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

One-third of nation flying blind with credit

Article says 32 percent don't check it, but I daresay from looking at the poll results it is actually far higher than 32 percent.

Mistakes on credit reports can be costly, and not only when shopping for a mortgage. Our latest national poll reveals that 32 percent of Americans surveyed say they never check their credit reports, meaning they have no idea whether the information on their reports is correct. Considering the fact that reports often contain inaccuracies, there’s a large chance that tens of millions of Americans are throwing money away needlessly each month.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: One-third of nation flying blind with credit

I would say the rate is much higher amongst the posters at this forum:smileyhappy:
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Moderator Emeritus
fused

Bump

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

fused111 wrote:
I would say the rate is much higher amongst the posters at this forum:smileyhappy:

Remember, that's 32 percent who admit they never check their credit. I daresay the reality is it's a whole lot higher. Maybe 50 or more percent who truly never check their credit on their own.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}