Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open account with 0 CL

tag
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Open account with 0 CL

I have located an open revolving account that shows paid as agreed, with a 0 CL.

Account Name Account Number Date Opened Balance Date Reported Past Due Account Status Credit Limit XXXXXXX 5XXXXXXXXXX 05/1997 $0 01/2001 $0 PAYS AS AGREED $0

It shows on a credit report as an open, active revolving TL, with no activity since 2001, and no CL.  It looks like a visa store card issued by a major bank. 

• A) this is bizarre
  • B) This is one of those "I thought the account was closed" scenarios
  • C) There is actually limited info to contact the creditor to get it marked "CLOSED"
  • D) It is not really hurting anything, but at the same time, a 0 CL account is not helping either.  (overall UTIL is not an issue)

Comments?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Open account with 0 CL

Age is helping. Because uti is not an issue, and there were no baddies contained therein (right?), I would leave it lone (as my youngest DD says).

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leave it alone!  It will help with avg. age for sure, and someday (if not today) could be your oldest TL.   Keep it!  If it doesn't hurt, then it probably helps........
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an account similar on one CR. Score is higher with average age. Open/closed probably doesn't matter since it's dormant, just that it's there. As long as there is no neg, keep it.
Message 4 of 5
cobra19
Valued Contributor

I have one of those also V,  from an old Cap One CC.

Keep it - it's a good thing.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.