cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open account with $0 credit is bad right?

tag
FicoPower
Regular Contributor

Open account with $0 credit is bad right?

I remember hearing a while back that having an account (such as store credit for example) that has $0 credit is not good on your report is this correct?  About six years ago I opened a store credit at King Size and they report as having a $0 credit limit.  I wonder how this is impacting my FICO score if at all.  However I wonder if they are using this card as my length of credit card history which could be a good thing.  Thanks and by the way for some reason I cannot post replies to any topics. The browsers (IE, FireFox, Chrome) just hang up so if I cannot reply I just want to say thanks for the reply in advance Smiley Happy  I contacted the support staff and wasn't helped.
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GFer
Valued Contributor

Re: Open account with $0 credit is bad right?

The only time it would hurt you if your cl is reporting -0- is if you are carrying a balance on the account. If it's paid off, then it's not a big deal.

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
GFer
Valued Contributor

Re: Open account with $0 credit is bad right?

The only time it would hurt you if your cl is reporting -0- is if you are carrying a balance on the account. If it's paid off, then it's not a big deal.

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.